If you have white shoes or white anything, you know it can be a pain to clean them. No matter how hard you try, white shoes always get dirty — so, we have come up with a few tips to quickly clean white shoes.
- RUBBER – Take a cloth, apply a generous amount of soap, apply on shoes, then scrub thoroughly with a toothbrush. Wash off the soap with a clean cloth.
- LEATHER – Clean off dust/debris with a clean cloth. Apply a shoe polish or cleaner with a shoe brush, then buff off any excess polish with a clean cloth.
- SUEDE – Use a suede cleaning brush to remove dirt. For stubborn marks, try using a pencil eraser. Apply a suede protector after cleaning.
- ATHLETIC – Mix water and soap in a bucket. Dip a toothbrush or sponge into the mixture, then scrub off dirt and scuff marks. Rinse off your shoe and stuff with paper or cloths to help it dry and keep the shape.
- SNEAKERS – If you decide to clean your sneakers by using a washing machine, make sure to use the warm cycle. Add detergent, then let it air out overnight. Do not use a dryer since it can destroy your shoes or dryer.
Hopefully these quick tips will help you clean your white shoes. Let us know if you have any tricks of your own.